Office 365, Office 2013 and Office 2016 are the latest versions of the Office Productivity Suites developed by the Microsoft for its users of different platforms (like Windows, Android, Mac or iOS). All these Office suites are made available to its users in different editions. So to enjoy the applications, services and servers involved in these latest Office Productivity Suite, the users need to download, install and activate the setup to the device.Sometimes the users may face common errors or issues while installing the latest versions of the Office productivity suite i.e. Office 365, Office 2013 or the Office 2016 setup to the device.And one such common installation errors of the Office 365, Office 2013 or the Office 2016 is the Office Error Code 30066. In the below information, I am detailing the troubleshooting steps of the Office Error Code 30066.
The Office Error 30066 is mostly caused due to the following reasons mentioned below:
- The office installation has been blocked due to the installed antivirus software or the firewall.
- Incorrect Proxy settings or the poor internet connection
- Some previous version of the Office suite has already been installed to the device of the users.
- The setup files of the previous version of the Office suite have not been removed completely from the device.
- Corrupted registry files of the system
- Incorrect install files of the Office setup
- Insufficient Disk Space
As the Office Error Code 30066 occurs on the device, a message box is displayed on the screen that shows the message as shown below:
“Something went wrong.
Sorry, we weren’t able to download the Office introduction. If you’d like you can take a look online or skip it for now.
Office Error Code 30066”
The users may resolve the Office Error Code 30066 on the device, by following the troubleshooting procedures mentioned below:
Method 1: Disable the Windows Firewall, Temporarily:
- Firstly, launch the “Start Menu” either by clicking the “Start” button on the taskbar or hit the “Windows” key on the keyboard.
- Now, click the “Control Panel” option.
- The “Control Panel” window will appear on the screen.
- From this window, select the “System and Security” option and then, click the “Windows Firewall” option.
- Now, select the “Turn off Windows Firewall” radio button in the “Private Network Settings” and “Public Network Settings” sections.
- And then, select the “OK” button for saving the changes made by the users.
- Now try to install the Office 365, 2013 or 2016 suite setup to the device.
Method 2: Disable the Antivirus Software Installed to the Device:
- Launch the user interface or the user console of the antivirus software installed on the device of the users.
- Now, select the “Settings” icon or the gear icon displayed at the top-rightmost corner of the antivirus interface.
- From the drop-down menu, click the “Real-Time Protection” option.
- Now, toggle the button just in front of the “Firewall” option for making it “Disable”.
- And then, click the “Ok” or the “Yes” option on the confirmation message window displayed on the screen.
- Now, try to install the Office setup to the device, if the error still appears on the screen then, jump to the resolving procedure detailed in the Method 3.
Method 3: Execute the SFC Scan on the Device:
SFC Scan or the System File Checker is the advanced tool or mechanism that checks as well as verifies the missing/ corrupted files of the Operating System installed on the device. Apart from this, this tool also allows the users to restore the missing files too.
- Firstly, launch the cmd or the command prompt on the device (Run as Administrator).
- Now, on the cmd window, type the command as shown below and then, hit the ‘Enter’ key:
- Wait till the scanning process gets successfully completed.
- On completion of the scanning process, restart the device and try to install the Office 365, 2013 or 2016 setup to the device.
After performing the aforementioned step wise procedures for resolving the Office Error Code 30066, if the error still persists on the device then, the users may call the Office Customer Support on the Office toll-free number, to get an instant support.
Follow this link if you want to get more information regarding Office.com/setup