Microsoft office is one of the widely used applications that most of the users have in their systems across the globe. Several versions of Microsoft Office applications are available to the users that are congenial with windows operating system as well as with MAC operating system. You can also access its consolidated features even in your mobile phone by simply downloading the software.
Like any other application, Microsoft Office first needs to be downloaded, installed and activated in order to use this fabulous suit of applications. Many users face certain errors in installing Office Setup and these errors occur due to various numbers of reasons.
While activating office 2016 volume licensed client Error 0xC004F074 is reported. The exact error message is “The Software Licensing Service determined that the specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used. Error Code 0xC004F074”. Sometimes the problem could have occurred just because of the time and date sync issue on the system. Sometimes it is a DNS update issue or maybe office 2013 and 2016 co-hosted on the same server. Following are the Methods to resolve Office Activation Error Code 0xC004F074:
Method 1: Check System time and date
1. Navigate your cursor to the taskbar and select time and date option.
2. Click on time and date and once you have clicked on it you will find ‘Change time and date settings’, click on it to continue.
3. If you are working on a Windows operating system then select the option ‘Set Time Automatically’ and turns on the activity.
4. Select ‘time.windows.com’ server, click on ‘Update’ then click on ‘OK’. The update will start automatically.
Method 2: Disable and Re-enable DNS Host
1. Click on the ‘Windows’ button on your device, type ‘Command’ in the search bar and then press ‘Enter’.
2. Open command prompt as administrator and type ‘Regedit’.
3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform in the registry
4. Create a New DWORD Value called “DisableDnsPublishing” and set its value to 1.
5. This will disable DNS publishing.
6. To re-enable DNS publishing set the value of this Key to 0.
If you are facing any difficulties or challenges in following the above-mentioned steps then just visit office.com/setup for further assistance and support.